Playing games with your dog is not only a great way to bond, but it can also provide mental and physical stimulation. While outdoor play is important, it’s not always possible due to weather or living situations. Here are 10 fun games you can play with your dog indoors.
- Hide and Seek: Have your dog stay in one room while you hide in another. Call out to them and see how long it takes for them to find you.
- Find the Treat: Hide a treat somewhere in the house and encourage your dog to find it. Start with easy hiding spots and gradually increase the difficulty.
- Tug of War: Grab a sturdy toy and engage in a friendly game of tug of war with your pup.
- The Shell Game: Place three cups or bowls upside down and hide a treat under one of them. Shuffle them around and see if your dog can guess which one has the treat.
- Scent Work: Hide treats or toys around the house and encourage your dog to use its nose to find them.
- Bubble Fun: Blow bubbles and watch as your dog tries to catch them.
- Indoor Fetch: If you have a long hallway or a large open space, play fetch with your dog indoors.
- Agility Course: Set up a makeshift agility course using household items like chairs, brooms, and hula hoops. Encourage your dog to jump over, crawl under, and weave through the obstacles.
- Stairway Dash: If you have stairs, race your dog up and down them a few times to get their energy out.
- Name Game: Teach your dog the names of their toys and see if they can bring them to you when you ask for them.
Remember to always supervise your dog during playtime and ensure that any toys or items used are safe and appropriate for their size and breed. These games are not only great for indoor play, but they also provide a fun way for you and your dog to bond and stay active.