Does your dog love the outdoors? Are they always asking you to send them outside? If this is your dog, a medium dog door allows for unlimited access to the outdoors.
At eXtreme Dog Door, we carry the best medium size dog door for your outdoor-loving friend. This simple door can significantly improve your dog’s quality of life. Allowing them to decide when to go outside helps reduce anxiety, boredom, frustration and depression.
What to Look for in a Dog Door?
How do you know what to look for in a medium dog door? Here are some key things to consider when shopping for a dog door for your home:
eXtreme Dog Door uses only the best materials for our dog doors. The frames of our dog doors are made of sturdy aluminum. This means that the weather is not going to affect it. The sun’s UV rays won’t do anything to our dog door.
We also built the dog door flap from polyolefin-based polymer, making our dog door flap non-toxic and recyclable. Our flap also remains flexible when temperatures drop as well. Therefore, your dog door flap will not crack in the middle of winter. It also has a magnetic base that allows for a perfect seal from the weather. Our Dual Flap Aluminum Dog Door even insulates your home from the outdoor temperatures.
Training My Dog to Use a Dog Door
Using a dog door might not come naturally to many dogs. Once they get the hang of it, they will experience an increased quality of life that a dog door will provide. It will be your job to teach your dog to use the door. Don’t worry, though; it’s not a difficult task.
Many dogs think a dog door is like a window, so they might not “get it” at first. Bring your dog over to the dog door and show them that it opens. Lift the flap and let them try looking through. If they do not want to look, try coaxing them with a treat. Place a treat on the other side of the flap and open it so your dog can see it. Try this twice a day, and eventually, your dog will understand what it does.
It would help if you never tried to push your dog through the dog door. Because your dog doesn’t yet understand what the door does, it will cause them a lot of anxiety.
When getting a dog door, an important feature is the ease of installation. Our eXtreme Dog Doors are simple enough to install that anyone can do it themselves. You’ll only need the tools listed below:
- A pencil
- Masking tape
- Measuring tape
- Construction silicone
- Drill with at least a ⅜” drill bit
- Jab saw or electric jigsaw
We have detailed installation instructions on our website as well. If you do run into any problems during your installation of the eXtreme Dog Door, you can reach out to our customer care through email or call us at 800-531-3527.
Medium Dog Door FAQs
- Does the eXtreme Dog Door seal against lousy weather?
- Our eXtreme Dog Door keeps out snow, rain and the sun’s UV rays. And the flap locks in place with the use of magnets to provide a seal against the outdoors. Our dual flap design insulates as well as double-pane glass.
- What is the medium dog door size?
- Our medium dog door dimensions are 8 7/8″ Wide x 12 1/2″ High for the flap and 12″ Wide x 15 5/8″ High overall. Our medium size is ideal for dogs up to 40 lbs.
- Does the medium dog door flap have to be replaced annually?
- Absolutely not! Our dog door flap is made of an extra tough polyolefin-based polymer. This makes the flap recyclable and non-toxic. However, you can also purchase a dog door replacement flap and register for our five-year warranty on our website.
- Enhance your dog’s quality of life with an eXtreme Dog Door today!
Showing all 5 results
eXtreme Aluminum Dog Door for Walls – Medium$179.95
Add to cart
eXtreme Single Flap Aluminum Dog Door – Medium$119.95
Add to cart
eXtreme Dual Flap Aluminum Dog Door – Medium$139.95
Add to cart
eXtreme Replacement Door Dual Flap – Medium$30.99
eXtreme Replacement Door Single Flap – Medium$15.99